Dental erosion is the demineralization of the hard tooth substance caused by acids. Particularly in industrialized countries this is an increasing problem due to changes in drinking and eating habits in recent decades. Additionally, the teeth surface is eroded by mechanical interaction like brushing. To substantially reharden demineralized enamel, the development of appropriate prophylaxis and therapy is important. HMC presents two studies that tested toothpaste and mouth rinses containing chitosan.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Glaucoma is a group of diseases of the eye with damaged optic nerve and retina in advanced stages, possibly leading to blindness. One of the causes is increased intraocular pressure. Here, we present two publications, which investigated the combination of chitosan and curcumin for treatment of glaucoma and cancer patients.
In recent decades, there have been major advances in regenerative medicine, such as the treatment of severe nerve injuries. Implants used as scaffolds for nerve cell regeneration are often made of biodegradable polymers, such as chitosan. Below, we present a study that investigated the degradation and stability of tubular chitosan-based implants.
Chitin and Chitosan offer beneficial properties for wound dressing materials, like biocompatibility, biodegradability and haemostatic effects. The biopolymer source influences the properties, processing and associated impurities of the chitin. In this article, we want to present a review, which investigated the differences between crustaceans and fungi derived chitin and chitosan regarding wound healing.
More Articles ...
- Respirators with chitosan nanoparticles as protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Chitosan derivatives for the treatment of dry eye disease
- Chitosan for pulmonary applications
- Chitosan as construction material on mars
- Chitosan and stem cells for wound healing
- Houston, we have no problem – Chitosan-based bulletproof coatings - research at Houston universitiy
- Pangolins and chitin
- Chitosan oligosaccharides for plant protection
- Chitosan nanoparticles - potential drug delivery systems for COVID-19 drugs
- Chitosan against Corona? Substituted chitosan as effective inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV
- Chitosan as adjuvant for vaccines
- How to read our certificate of analysis?
- Recent and ongoing clinical studies with chitosan
- Chitosan research in 2019
- Gold nanoparticles with chitosan