HMC successfully completed its TÜV recertification audit in August. Our current certificate is valid until November 2021. As soon as we have received the new TÜV certificate, we will provide it in our download area.
Get more information about:
- Chitin and chitosan on the world wide web
- Company news
- Publications and releases
- Tips and tricks
The European Chitin Society (EUCHIS) hosts an interesting webinar series about current chitin and chitosan related research topics, every last Tuesday of a month.
Next webinar on May 25 by Prof. Vincent Eijsink and Tadeja Katan.
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
Lytic Polysaccharide MonoOxygenases (LPMOs): how chitin helped to change our views on enzymatic biomass conversion
Graz University of Technology
Chitosan thin films for in situ glycopeptide synthesis
Commercial extraction of chitin is mainly from the shells of crustaceans such as snow crabs. Fungi and insects are alternative sources of chitin, which are poorly usable so far. The expansion of insect farming for animal feed production in recent years has increased the availability of insect biomass. In the following, we present a review that provides an overview of recently published studies on the extraction of chitin from insects and its conversion to chitosan.
Biological assessment or testing of the biocompatibility of medical devices is an essential part of conformity assessment. But how do I properly and efficiently assess the biocompatibility of my medical device? The FDA has published new recommendations for assessing the biocompatibility of medical devices.
More Articles ...
- Pattern of N-Acetylation? EUCHIS Webinar series on chitin/chitosan: First Webinar on April 27 at 11 am (CET)
- SARS-CoV-2 research with chitosan - publications to date
- Carboxymethyl chitosan for treatment of liver carcinomas
- Follow us on twitter
- The European Chitin Society offers a new webinar series
- Chitosan for vaccine development against SARS-CoV-2
- Water-soluble drug release by chitosan microparticles
- Modification of denture materials with chitosan salts
- Fluorescence immunoassay for detection of pathogens
- Chitosan as protection against dental erosion
- Chitosan and curcumin for treatment of glaucoma or cancer
- HMC team availability by phone currently limited
- Chitosan implants for regenerative medicine
- Crustacean vs. mushroom - Chitin and Chitosan for wound treatment
- Respirators with chitosan nanoparticles as protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection