An emulsion which is stabilized by solid particles absorbing onto the interface between the two phases is called a pickering emulsion. The particles prevent coalescence of the droplets. The development of particulate emulsifiers is highly interesting with many advantages over conventional surfactant systems. Beneficial are the higher stability, better size control and lower toxicity. In this research area the application of chitosan for development of pickering emulsions is promising.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Biological barriers can limit the availability of a therapeutic agent in the target tissue. Drug delivery systems overcome these limitations to transport the correct dose of drug to its target site. The biopolymer chitosan has great potential for the development of innovative drug delivery systems. We present two articles that explore the treatment of cancer and noise-induced hearing loss with chitosan-based drug delivery systems.
Chitosan is not only used for feverish laboratory-scale research, but also for specific application in chitosan-based products for a wide variety of indications, which are being tested in clinical studies. In this article we provide an insight into current clinical studies on chitosan and present the results of two studies on chronic wound healing and improved hemostasis after puncture of the radial artery.
At the end of the year, we briefly reflect on which topics it was all about in the chitosan world in 2017. In addition, we present an article about Alzheimer´s disease and the neuroprotective effect of chitosan, chitosanoligosaccharides, and their derivatives.
More Articles ...
- Can chitosan save a good bottle of red wine?
- Chitin hybrid materials: science fiction or reality?
- Hydrogels with chitosan by HMC
- August 2017 - electrospun chitosan nanofibers
- Viral safety of chitosan
- Publications in June 2017 - Chitosan-based coatings for dental implants
- Publications in May 2017 - Functional coatings with chitosan
- Publications in March 2017 - antimicrobial activity of chitosan
- Publications in February 2017 - Chitosan based implants
- Publications in January 2017 - layer-by-layer coating with chitosan
- The world of chitosan in 2016 & chitosan as adjuvant in vaccines
- Publications in November 2016 - Chitosan for tissue regeneration
- Publications in October 2016 - Chitosan Hydrogels
- Publications in September 2016 - Chitosan meets Meatballs and Shrimps
- Publications in July & August 2016 - drug delivery systems