Clinical studies serve evidence-based medicine and enable the development and application of new, innovative medical products and drugs. At the moment, there are several clinical studies with chitosan-containing products or devices, for example, in relation to wound healing, tumor detection or Covid-19. In this article, we would like to give you an overview of the ongoing studies.
Scientific news - Chitin and Chitosan
Have fun browsing on our pages!
Medical masks proved effective in protecting against the virus during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, conventional masks are poorly biodegradable. For this reason, the presented paper produced environmentally friendly chitosan/silver/plant fiber membranes for masks, which also exhibited antibacterial and thermal properties.
Deeper skin injuries require appropriate wound dressings to promote healing. In the presented study, CMC-containing hyaluronic acid-dopamine hydrogels were synthesized, characterized and investigated in vivo for their wound healing properties.
Breast cancer will affect one in eight women during their lifetime. Especially metastatic breast cancer has a low survival rate. In this article, we present a review of current research on the use of chitosan in breast cancer therapy and diagnostics.
More Articles ...
- Tyrosol-functionalized chitosan-gold nanoparticles against fungal biofilms
- Chitosan as a supporter for pCRISPR transfer
- Chitosan in the therapy against diabetic ulcers
- Chitosan Reviews in 2021
- Carboxymethyl-beta-glucan/chitosan nanoparticles for antigen delivery
- Chitosan in an inhalable nanovaccine against SARS-CoV-2
- Application of chitosan in electrophoretic deposition
- Chitosan in endometriosis pain treatment
- Chitosan as antigen platform for pneumococcal vaccines
- Chasing criminals with chitosan
- Chitosan and current challenges in the fight against antibiotic resistence
- Beta blockers and chitosan
- Bio-functionalized chitosan as scaffold for bone tissue engineering
- Chitosan and its derivates in biomedicine
- Chitosan in microfluidic systems