The Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH management team stand for a positive and steady development and self-assertion in an emerging market.
Katja Richter founder and managing partner of HMC+ is in the fore of the company. Self-employment has always been a family tradition. With her wealth of ideas and its pragmatic implementation, she took the company to a leading position in the international market. She and Torsten Richter both can refer to more than 15 years of experience in dealing with chitosan. His expertise in process optimisation and development qualifies HMC+ to produce chitosan and chitosan derivatives in a unique quality and specification depth.
Together, they guarantee to pass the benefits and advantages arising from their expertise on to you!
Katja Richter, née Heppe
- Studies Biotechnology at the Technical University of Braunschweig
- Scientific studies in pharmaceutical research including drug delivery systems:
- Influence of chitosan and chitosan derivatives on the transepithelial flux of model and active ingredients together with Bioservice Halle GmbH
- Modification of chitosan particle as potential transport vehicle through the blood/brain barrier in cooperation with the Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research at the University of Leipzig
- Activity in private enterprise
- Founder and CEO of the Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH
Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Expert chemist for petrochemistry
- Studied process engineering at the Technical College Merseburg
- Carried out scientific studies in the area of technology development:
- Developed chitosan technologies
- Performed technology modification during use of chitosan in industrial plants, quality management
- 2006-2009 Head of Production
- Since 2009 Head of Quality Control and Quality Assurance